• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In AND around Sunderland (2 Viewers)

Barmston Pond 1020-1200.
c12+ Little Grebe, 1 Grey Heron, pr Mute Swan with 7 juvs, 2 Teal, 6 Mallard, 7 Tufted Duck, c15 Coot, Moorhen, 68 Black Headed Gull, 36 Herring Gull ,3 Lbb Gull, 2 Common Gull, Willow Tit calling, Jay.

Barmston Pond 1040-1120.
12 Little Grebe, 5 Teal, pr Gadwall, 1 Mallard, 2 Tufted Duck, 12 Coot, 10 Moorhen, 46 Black Headed Gull, 13 Herring Gull, 2 Lbb Gull.

Barmston Pond 1000-1045.
13 Little Grebe, pr Mute Swan, 7 Teal, 3 Gadwall, 3 Mallard, 2 Tufted Duck, 12 Coot, 3-4 Moorhen, 60 Black Headed Gull, 5 Herring Gull, 2 Lbb Gull, 1 Common Gull, Chiffchaff/Willow Warbler calling.

Barmston Pond 1010-1100.
10 Little Grebe, 1 Mute Swan, 5 Teal, 2 Gadwall, 3 Mallard, 4 Tufted Duck, 13 Coot, 6 Moorhen, 73 Black Headed Gull, 2 Herring Gull, 1 Common Gull, 2 Lbb Gull.

Whitburn Steels 1030-1245.
3n Gannet, 1 Grey Heron, 38n (12+26) Wigeon, 3 drake Eider, c30+ Oystercatcher, 40-50 Ringed Plover, Golden Plover, c70+ Sanderling, 5 Purple Sandpiper, 10 Dunlin, 1 Bar Tailed Godwit, 1-2 Curlew, c50+ Redshank, Turnstone.

Timber Beach 1015-1150.
Cormorant, 10 Grey Heron, 12+ Teal, 2f Pheasant, 37 Curlew, 26 Redshank, Black Headed Gull, Herring Gull, Gbb Gull, Woodpigeon, Wren, Robin, Blackbird, 5+ Long Tailed Tit, Great Tit, Magpie, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, 5 Bullfinch.

Timber Beach 0910-1010.
Cormorant, Grey Heron, Greylag Goose flew NE, Shelduck, Curlew, Redshank, Black Headed Gull, Herring Gull, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, Magpie, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Bullfinch.

Grey Wagtail outside Bede street chippy this morning and a skein of Pinks south then another skein south over my house later. Tawny Owl seen recently in Roker park though I couldnt see it when I had a look at lunchtime.

Grey Wagtail outside Bede street chippy this morning and a skein of Pinks south then another skein south over my house later. Tawny Owl seen recently in Roker park though I couldnt see it when I had a look at lunchtime.

Adam I must have not described the location of the Tawny Owl adequately as it was still present on same perch this afternoon giving great views to birders, however the public passing metres away were oblivious to its presence. It's against the trunk of a tree, with just little ivy cover, on the north side of the ravine maybe half way between the footbridge and the small pond as reference.

Adam I must have not described the location of the Tawny Owl adequately as it was still present on same perch this afternoon giving great views to birders, however the public passing metres away were oblivious to its presence. It's against the trunk of a tree, with just little ivy cover, on the north side of the ravine maybe half way between the footbridge and the small pond as reference.

Cheers Peter, that's exactly the area I was looking but never saw it I must have walked straight past it without noticing it. I shall try again.

Found it this time, didn't expect it to be so low down and close I was looking too far up into the trees.

Attachments

• tn_005.JPG
    tn_005.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 67
Barmston Pond 1015-1200.
1 Little Grebe, 1 Grey Heron, 11 Teal, 2 Gadwall, 4 Mallard, 7 Tufted Duck, 6 Coot, 2 Moorhen, 51 Black Headed Gull, 36 Herring Gull, 4 Common Gull, 3 Gbb Gull, Kingfisher.

Barmston Pond 1020-1150.
2 Grey Heron, 3 Shelduck, 10 Teal, 2 Gadwall, 2 Mallard, 4 Shoveler, 15 Tufted Duck, 6 Coot, 2 Moorhen, c50 Black Headed Gull, 37 Herring Gull, 4 Common Gull, 1 Gbb Gull, Willow Tit.

Timber Beach 0940-1110.
Cormorant, Grey Heron (1), Shelduck (2), Teal (8), Curlew (6), Redshank (27), Black Headed Gull, Herring Gull, Common Gull, Gbb Gull, Woodpigeon, robin, Blackbird, Blue Tit, Magpie, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Chaffinch.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back