• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

in and around south tyneside (3 Viewers)

Boldon Flats 0845-1030.
1 Mute Swan, 80 Greylag Geese, c50+ Wigeon, c60 Teal, 10 Mallard, 1 Coot, 2 Moorhen, 1 Black Tailed Godwit, 12 Curlew and ad Med Gull.

Boldon Flats 0955-1035.
4 Mute Swan, c70+ Greylag Geese, Wigeon, Teal, 15 Mallard, 2 Coot, 6 Moorhen, c100 Lapwing, 2 Black Tailed Godwit, Curlew and c50 Redshank.

Boldon Flats 0950-1110.
1 Grey Heron, 1 Mute Swan, 20 Greylag Geese, c50+ Wigeon, 62 Teal, 43 Mallard, 2f Tufted Duck, 3 Coot, Moorhen, c50 Lapwing, 15 Curlew, 3 Redshank and a Fox along the northern end of the flats.

Boldon Flats 1000-1100.
1 Grey Heron, c100+ Wigeon, c70+ Teal, 45 Mallard, mf Tufted Duck, 3 Coot, Moorhen, c70 Lapwing, 1 Snipe, 18 Redshank, ad Med Gull.

Boldon Flats 1030-1210.
c100 Wigeon, 74 Teal, 2 drake Gadwall, 86 Mallard, 5 Tufted Duck, 3 Coot, c6 Moorhen, c100 Lapwing, 7 Curlew, c30 Redshank and a ad Med Gull.

7 White Fronts 2 Pink Feet with a c120 Grey lags in the flooded field off sunderland road/moor lane this morn also there were large nos of Redshanks and Lapwings massive flood at the flats making obs very difficult

2 Pink Feet 7 White Fronts with 120 Grey lags still in the flooded field off moor lane/sunderland road this morn also there was a Perigrine 130 Lapwing 1 Dunlin and 90 Redshank.

Gos hawk

Saw gos hawk over from Boldon school was unsure at first of I'd then once I looked on more photos it was definitely a gos hawk . I was standing in field and it flew almost str8 into me pure luck haha bigger bird than I expected

Shorties

Took a walk over fields opposite boldon school just wondered around the inner fields away from main road,
Walked past bushy area then from almost 10ft away a short eared owl leapt from the bottom end of a rotten fence post and flew around top of field until later returning to original post , plenty owls about !!

Gos hawk

As I posted earlier about possible gos hawk I bumped into a gentleman who confirmed it has been seen daily for about a month or so around the time I said, mint!

pottahoppa, was that you I spoke to yesterday on the Newton Garth farm track? You had a Jack Russell and I had a Newfoundland with me.

Gos hawk

pottahoppa, was that you I spoke to yesterday on the Newton Garth farm track? You had a Jack Russell and I had a Newfoundland with me.

Ah hello there it was very nice talking to you, I'm around the area most afternoons. I was very lucky but felt robbed as I had nobody to see it with me I'm thinking of getting a camera haha I'm only really into the birds of prey mostly owls , I have been going over that end 3-4 in the morning to try my luck with long eared owls. I was lucky enough to get a night vision scope so been setting tripod up am having fantastic results with nightlife , anyway I'll stop bothering you haha thanks for the message! See u about soon

Boldon Flats 1000-1130.
2 Grey Heron, 2 Canada Geese flew south, Drake Shelduck, 80 Wigeon, 69 Teal, Green Winged Teal, 33 Mallard, mf Goldeneye, 14 Coot, 8 Moorhen, 22 Lapwing, 21 Redshank.

Just seen what I believe to be a White Egret??? in Valley View Park, Jarrow.
Standing by the side of the side of Monkton Burn, It was being harassed by Gulls and flew off towards York Ave.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back