• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I need to know what type of duck this is (1 Viewer)

rillaeo

My pet duck is completely brown, with tan feet and a slightly green bill. His strangest feature is a large puff of white feathers sticking out of the back of his head. I have looked everywhere for what kind of duck he is, but I can't find out.

That will be one of those captive breed domestic mallards.
Basically a mallard like most domestic ducks, but one that has been breed by humans for this feature.
Just like all the different Chickens are the same species, most domestic Geese are Graylag.
And all the different colour varieties and plumage features of a Canary, that humans have developed, they are still all canaries.

Hope that helps

Rich

Sorry rillaeo,
I just noticed that was your first post.

Welcome to the Forum, on behalf of myself the other moderators and Admin, feel free to have a look around if you have not already.
I am sure you will find plenty of things to interest you, you will find we are a friendly and helpfull bunch.
Why not formally introduce yourself in the “say hello” forum.

All the best

Richard (Moderator) :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back