• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I need help with birdbaths!!! (1 Viewer)

mkdon said:
Hi Doug,
This is mkdon and you are right. It is a stream. It came as a kit and included 3 oval shaped plastic mini-pools and each has a spout on one side. It also included a plastic liner for a 4x5 pool at the bottom. My yard (garden) has a slight slope toward my house so it was a perfect place to take advantage of gravity. The kit also included a pump, tubing, and oat straw to help kill algae. I had a small plastic hose already buried in the yard which I can use to refill the stream. You will need electric within 6 to 8 feet of the pump and you will need gravel for the bottom of the pools and the mini-pools. I have taken some pictures of it, but I am new here and have never uploaded anything. I will try to figure out how to do it, but until then, here is the website for the place where I ordered it. www.avianaquatics.com The have pictures on their site. I am going to double check the website and if I have it wrong, I will repost the proper site in a moment.
As I said, it is shallow and narrow so there is not TOO much digging.

Hi MKdon - excellent 'creek' - I have contacted the company to see if they have a UK distributor as it would be perfect for my project. Thank you everso much.

monkeyman said:
Having two bitches, what once passed for a small lawn disappeared so we covered the area with a ton of gravel. I made a scrape and lined it with polythene and then added the gravel.

I've attached a pic, although the "layout" has changed slightly since I took this pic about 18 months ago as we've added more plants and stones/pebbles of varying sizes!

The birds love it!

Very Japanese - Monkeymansan - Confuscious, he say - Man with birdbath has clean birds

This is a nice garden area and I quite like what you have done.. love the lanterns..

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back