• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hybrid merlin x hobby (1 Viewer)

lou salomon

the birdonist
http://www.netfugl.dk/pictures.php?id=showpicture&picture_id=27025

unfotunately i don't understand enough danish to follow the whole debate but this is what most people think it is, including KMO. maybe someone out there has more fun with the discussion...certainly an interesting case since shape is more in line with merlin but plumage points towards hobby, although there are merlins with reddish trousers, so some people believe it is a pure merlin. anybody's thoughts here?

Last edited:
Wow, certainly looks like it from the photo! I've never heard of these species interbreeding before, is this a world first?!

Cheers
Steve

My short comment on Netfugl was that the wingformula confirms Merlin and at lest counts Hobby out together with other features.

JanJ

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back