• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hunstanton Norfolk, Oct 19th. (1 Viewer)

KenM

Carrying out a “heavy deletion” exercise on my SD card today, I came across this image, which was one of many that I took at the time during a very heavy influx of Redwings off the sea (‘000’s at least on the day) and had completely forgotten about!
All I can say was that it was thrush sized and of all the images that I shot from the hip, this one had to be somewhat below par….Sod’s Law.😩
Comments welcome.

Cheers

Attachments

• A7966395-E3CA-4D0D-B28B-E23B7FDD63E3.jpeg
    A7966395-E3CA-4D0D-B28B-E23B7FDD63E3.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 143
Yet again... Unless there is some issue of urgency, could you please post the actual photo - not a photo of a photo on a small screen. This simply wastes everybody's time and looks disrespectful.
Remiss of me Butty! This is the original and far superior to the back of camera.😮

Attachments

• 867B0C4B-C8E8-41FA-B4A4-77DB6C015529.jpeg
    867B0C4B-C8E8-41FA-B4A4-77DB6C015529.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 144
Hello,
If I understand correct, Ken is referring to the all dark head, contrasting with the paler Body (with a warm purple tinge).
I think, this impression is (at least partially) caused by blurred body and a sharper, unblurred head. Blurred parts are often paler than sharper picture parts, in such unsharp, artefact-loaded pictures.
Your picture seems one more example for this, no offense you know, Ken

Just out of interest Ken, In the (very unlikely) event that it was marked as you say, what exactly are you postulating that it could be?

RB

Just out of interest Ken, In the (very unlikely) event that it was marked as you say, what exactly are you postulating that it could be?

RB
Oh dear….mine is not to postulate but to enquire, hence the thread.
Don’t understand….”very unlikely) event that it was marked as I said?”
I didn’t say anything! I just presented an image and asked for comments.
What Machiavellian intrigue are you postulating Rother?

…..with a Black head only…not seen one of those before!
But it doesn't have a black head only. As you can see it has a black belly and a black patch on the breast, with a dark grey collar and dark grey patch around the eye and grey wings with a purplish mantle...or could it just be a poor image I wonder?

Attachments

• 867B0C4B-C8E8-41FA-B4A4-77DB6C015529-ed.jpg
    867B0C4B-C8E8-41FA-B4A4-77DB6C015529-ed.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 18
But it doesn't have a black head only. As you can see it has a black belly and a black patch on the breast, with a dark grey collar and dark grey patch around the eye and grey wings with a purplish mantle...or could it just be a poor image I wonder?
Clearly a lot of artefact present, I can see a black head contrasting with a paler body, and when one “monkeys around”(as I have in order to bring out a “better” image) with the editing software.
I can see a paler gap between the head and breast, also the darker lower belly is almost certainly shadow.

It is singularly one of my worst images, for that I apologise, nevertheless worth showing for all that.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back