• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi all (1 Viewer)

Starling41

Scotland
I need some advice and hope someone can help me. I have created an amazing garden with bird feeders, a zen garden and a bee hotel and bath. My neighbour are constantly complaining about the bird poop in his garden. He has fallen out with my husband. We moved our feeders to the middle of the garden and he still isn’t happy. He put spikes up on adjoining wall. I now caught him taking pics of our garden. Can he legally do anything. I can show you pics of the garden if required . Thank you

Hi and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I'm not a lawyer; however, my take on this is that provided you're not "overfeeding" (i.e. constantly throwing out lots of bread and other kitchen-type waste and leaving it out on the ground), and the feeders aren't by their windows, washing, car etc, I cannot see he can complain really (though, of course, some people will always find something to complain about LOL).

Is the wall where he put the spikes 'his'? Or yours/jointly owned? You might have cause to complain about that if he did it without your agreement. Not sure you can do anything about them taking photographs, unless he photographs you/family members without your express permission.

All things Scottish can be found here. Maybe you could post there about this issue, as one of our members may have some legal training, remember, that laws in England (and the rest of the world of course) could vary on this.

Also, keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum.

I’ve no idea if he can do anything legally, but birds flying overhead will poop in his garden whether you are feeding them or not.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Sorry you are having this problem, hopefully the resolution is in your favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back