• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help please.. a deep unknown rumble in the jungle!!! (1 Viewer)

Steve_Halstead

Sparrow or Crow?
I approached a brush plant having heard the strangest sound.

I saw a movement in it, but I (again) heard the same noise...

It was a low warble/clicking almost like a cat purring but so much louder..

a deep 3 per second dudduddud dudduddud dudduddud sound....

It was not a woodpecker hitting a log, but a deeper more throaty sound...

Any help would be great!

To assist with this can you say where it was, the type of habitat it was in as birds differ from wetlands, to parklands, from Farmland to Woodland.

No, the crane was in Allhallows if I am quite honest.

This bird/creature was out of sight in a yellow flowered plant thicket at fingringhoe near the pond on the main trail of the reserve.

It could be a Cetti's Warbler. A rapid chattering warble that is quite explosive and loud and often offered from deep inside bushes out of sight.

It was more that it came across like a more defined heavy purr or quick successive amount of clicks.

Quite interesting really, in years to come I will probably learn it was a frog or something. lol

Thank you for the time effort and expertise offered in this, I just wonder what made a sound that could almost be described as a low clicking rumble or growl...

Very odd.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back