• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help needed for site on Anglesey (1 Viewer)

hampers

Hampers
I'm off to Anglesey on Monday for a day's birding. I know most of the sites but not Alaw Estuary. Can see where it is on the mapo but where is the best place for good views, see there have been good waders around in the poast few days. Intend being there for high tide.

Would appreciate any help on where to go for this site please.

Then off to South Stack, Cemlyn and others.

Any hints on other sites also appreciated.

Hope its not as muggy as it is here in Cheshire at the moment, just been thundering.

Cheers

Hampers

Went there years ago for a Great White Egret. Difficult to describe. We went into Valley.Don't turn right towards Cemlyn - carry on the A5 and turn right when the houses end , Follow for about a mile then turn leftdown to the estuary.( 293 805 ) Park here and folow the track alongside the river ( N.E.) over a slight rise to view the inner estuary.

hampers said:
I'm off to Anglesey on Monday for a day's birding. I know most of the sites but not Alaw Estuary. Can see where it is on the mapo but where is the best place for good views, see there have been good waders around in the poast few days. Intend being there for high tide.

Would appreciate any help on where to go for this site please.

Then off to South Stack, Cemlyn and others.

Any hints on other sites also appreciated.

Hope its not as muggy as it is here in Cheshire at the moment, just been thundering.

Cheers

Hampers
there are marsh harriers, tufted ducks, greylag geese, ruddy ducks, sedge warblers etc. at Valley Wetlands RSPB

Cemlyn has Sandwich, Common and Arctic Terns, Herring, Great Black Backed and Black headed Gulls, Turnstones, Curlews, etc. We sawa field of Curlews a mile inland from the lagoons. Dulas estuary has Oystercatchers and Curlews. There are Sandwich terns at Dulas Bay. Llyn Alaw has Goldfinches, Dabchicks, Willow Warblers (we didn't go to the hides where the wildfowl and waders are). Of course there is South and North Stack.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back