• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello I'm new to the forum (1 Viewer)

RobinJames

England
I live on the edge of Seamer, Scarborough, about 30 metres from the countryside. I have several bird feeders in my garden. This afternoon I spotted a tree sparrow eating seed from a feeder.
Amazing.
Are they common around here?

Hi Robiin and a warm welcome to you from those of us on BirdForum :) Coming from the other side of the pond, I'm not sure if they are common on your side but I know I get all kinds of Sparrows over here eating from the feeders. I'm sure someone will be by shortly to give you their thoughts.

Hola Robin James! A warm welcome to Birdforum from all the staff and moderators (y)

Hi Robin James, welcome to Bird forum, hope you enjoy it here. Tree sparrows are one of the species that are increasing in numbers (albeit slowly) so they are probably common to your locality. Hopefully you will see more than one at your feeders soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back