• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello everyone! It’s great to be here and to have found you. I live in Birmingham, AL and love gardening, birding, and grandmothering. (1 Viewer)

AnneJohnson

United States
Carolina Wrens made a nest on top of my Easter wreath and their eggs hatched 2 days ago (5/7). We found 3 hatchlings on the porch barely alive and put them back in the nest. Later they were back on the porch and one was dead. The next day all were gone and the nest partially destroyed. I do have cowbirds, blue jays, red-shouldered hawks, squirrels, chipmunks, you name it. Do you suppose the wrens did this or a predator? Should we leave the nest or remove it and put the wreath away. A wren house is on the way which can be put nearby if necessary. I need some input please!

Hi there Anne and a warm welcome to BirdForum. Sorry to hear about your loss :( My thoughts are blaming squirirels but truthfully it could have any of the above that you mentioned. Fingers crossed for the next try.

Hi Anne and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful place. Can’t help with the question, sorry for what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back