• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello all! (1 Viewer)

G

Gaye Horn

Hello everyone.. nice to be here and thank you Andy for the link. I am a birder and a fairly new one at that.. four years now.My husband is the birder of this family and my reason for this insane but amazing hobby.His mother was a bird Photographer and her specialty was finding birds and their nests! She left us with a legacy of amazing photographs of a variety of birds most would never see.
Lee and I are also into the habit of acquiring more digital camera equipment.. I currently have an Olympus C-2100 UZ with a B-300 t-con and am awaiting delivery of my new present.. the CanonD60 with accompaning whistles and bells.
My husband Lee has the Canon Pro90 IS and between us we do have fun...
We live in an area that is simply a great place for photography.. nature, Wildlife and birding... we are indeed lucky people. Nice to be here and look forward to learning this new site.
Cheers all:)

Hello Gaye, welcome to Birdforum :t:

I am glad that you found your way to the site. Hopefully you will find plenty of threads to interest you. Everyone is pretty friendly in here so don't be afraid to ask if there is anything you need help with on the site. We'll at least try to sort out any queries.

With that collection of equipment, you are obviously well versed with bird photography. I hope that you can see your way to posting a few of your photos in the galleries.

I too use the Uzi along with the Tcon14+B300 which give great results, but I do envy the D60, it must be just about the top digital camera from what I have seen.
The Canon Pro90 was my second choice after the Uzi, so we share similar tastes !

I look forward to reading your posts !

Hi Gaye, lovely to see you here on Bird Forums and I hope you'll be a regular visitor.... if all the members on here were as familiar with your photos as I am, they'd be as excited as you about your forthcoming camera and lenses.
Hope to see some photos in the gallery soon, Osoyoos is so spectacular that photos without birds will be just as good ;)
Regards,
Andy

Welcome Gaye! Don't know if you remember me from the Pro90 site that you and your husband sometimes visit. Glad to see you here. The D60 will be a lovely toy.

Well well

o:) Well thank you Ian and Andy (oh you sweet guy you) and BCurrie(Brian right?)
It is super to be here with you all and remember that being a Canadian does NOT mean I am quiet and non opinionated!!! Kidding folks...
I posted two shots.. one taken the other day from our ridge and one of the moon kissing the sun that was simply dripping over one of the lower level mountains... the geese Lee scared the stuff outta made a pretty kewl shot too...
I appreciate the warm welcome.. I invited a few people I know that weild a great camera and are some of the most excellent birders in North America.. I hope they make it here too.:t:

Gaye,

Unfortunately, I am unable to see the Gallery photos. I can see the thumbnails and I was particularly impressed by that Osprey. How in the world did you either get so close, or get such a photo? I know the thumbnails do not do justice to the actual photo.

Last edited:
Brian
Lee and I were going down the hill to the store and I saw that this young osprey we normally saw on his platform was down on the fence.. his nest was almost all gone.. we had a horrific wind storm the previous night...
When I saw him, I did the death grip on Lee and said "Stop.. now"!(or something almost like it)
Away I went through this really sandy and cactus laden area.. and being as how this monster child was clearly dependant on his Momma; he was as curious about me as I was him... so I got to within maybe 15 feet of him and reliased those talons could rip my face off.. he was squawking and mom was on her way back.. I wished to cause this wonderful bird no further stress and I retreated. But the desire to get closer was certainly there.. I retreated anyway... a chance in a lifetime to get that close and no way I was going to blow that one.
Lee and I also got to within 60 feet of a three year old black bear at my cousins ranch this past September.. now that was so incredible you cannot imagine!!!
How come you cannot open the thumbnails?

Wish I knew (re: thumbnails, but Rich, aka Redwing, is having the same problems). When you very first went to the Gallery, did you register within the Gallery itself, after already registering for this forum, or something else special?

Last edited:
I registered on the site proper and then just went to the gallery and started uploading.. that was the easy part.
Now if I could just remember where I was last!.. that part will take a wee bit more time..
write to Andy and maybe he can sort it out.. I know that there is someone in charge of stuff like that but as I am fairly new here and only know Andy and Jim, along with yourself.. I am not sure exactly whom you should direct your issue too.
I hope it is straightened out soon though... I love your photographs so post more ok!!!

I have written Green Fields 2-3 days ago, but nothing yet.

Thanks for compliment. I will continue to post photos until I am kicked out. I will post a Townsend Squirrel in the next day or two that I believe is one of my best (if I do say so myself)

Well Brian I am saying that IF you have not heard from this Green Fields chap why not give Andy Bright a tap on the shoulder.. he helped set this site up with others.. I know if he cannot help you he will know who can!!:cool:

Green Fields has fixed both problems I was having. That is so much nicer now. Will have to open up the Gallery tomorrow. Thank you for the advice, anyway.

BTW, I quickly looked at your Gallery. Didn't you have some other Osprey photos in there?

Congratulations Brian, I'm glad that you eventually got the problem sorted. I was a little worried that it may be unsurmountable. Green Fields is a whiz at such things, though I know he is very pressed for time and can't always get on top of things straight away.

I agree, that hopefully Gaye will leave her photos in the Gallery a little longer and may be only remove them when her album limit is reached. I enjoy viewing the Gallery and have favourites that I like to return to view too.

Tarnation?? I did have some Osprey shots.. oops guess I shall put them back up.. I thought they were done..Hey I am new here and that is my excuse!!!!lol

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back