• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Happy Holidays! (1 Viewer)

These video clips are from movie " Metsän tarina (Tale of a forest)". It was filmed here in Parikkala-Punkaharju-Ruokolahti region.

One of the film stars photographed a month ago:

Attachments

• IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 48
Thank you, I've found "Tale of a forest" on YouTube. Seems that pretty close from the place where I'm going to be in May (I'll be near Suomussalmi).

Last edited:
Bears are propably filmed somewhere near Suomussalmi, but rest is 450km south. Old forests near Suomussalmi are similar than those in the film.

Yes, you are correct. So what is the status on the "Tale of a forest"? If I understand correctly, on YouTube I've found just a preview, there was a message "Coming soon....". So the film itself is on the way.

I'd love to see any films about this area of Finland - Suomussalmi and south of it. So far I've been in Finland only in Lapland. I've been in Karelia, but on the Russian side. So if this film - Tale of a Forest - is out now, I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
Film is ready and out. It has been most watched documentary in Finland ever.
I dont know what countries have bought it to show in tv. Keep your eyes open. I am sure that this film will spread. People who made it are now making film of lakes and water.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back