• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hampshire (2 Viewers)

Italian46

I shall be in Fareham from 24 to 27 of february (coming from Italy). Do you know if Iceland Gull is still present in Portmouth Harbour? And, please, could you give me instructions to reach the best pace to see it? Do you know if there is any other interesting things in Hampshire?

Thank you

Italian46

Hi Italian46
Hope this info is helpful.

Today's sightings, so far;
SPANISH SPARROW, still Calshot
Green-winged Teal, at Farlington Marshes
Hawfinch, Eastleigh at Lakeside near southern jetty at Beach Lake in trees behind cattle pen at 8am.

Yesterdays sightings;
ICELAND GULL Bedhampton Creek from slipway
DARK-EYED JUNCO still in the New Forest near Beaulieu
SPANISH SPARROW, still Calshot
Smew (2) + Bittern, Blashford Lakes HWT

If you have an iPhone you could always download our app which will give you live sightings when you are in the UK, the basic version only costs £0.50 per day the Pro version costing £1.25 per day which will give you alerts when news breaks. If you don't have an iPhone you can always access the sightings through our website (on your phone) which you can get for 1 month.

Hopefully mods won't mind the small plug as I have given you some detailed info above in response to your query.

Good luck and have a good trip.

Rare Bird Alert

Thank you! I shall be with my wife (she is English) for our nephew's birthday and I don't Know how much time I shall have for birding! Anyway many thanks for you usefull inforamations!

You're not too far from the Paddyfield Warbler at Pagham either. Let me know if you're coming down and I'll meet you. An Italian with '46' in the name sounds cool to me!!

Dear birdboybowley I don't Know what I shall do. Could you give me your telephone number? If private, my email address is [email protected]
Could I have instructions for Bedhampton Creek? Is it in Portsmouth?
Thank you

Dear birdboybowley I don't Know what I shall do. Could you give me your telephone number? If private, my email address is [email protected]
Could I have instructions for Bedhampton Creek? Is it in Portsmouth?
Thank you

Bedhampton Creek is here:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?...archp=ids.srf&dn=807&ax=470370&ay=105365&lm=0

The 'sewage works' marked on that map is Budd's Farm, which is what the reports of this bird sometimes come as (you can view Bedhampton Creek from either side).

Iceland Gull still present there today.

Last edited:
The Iceland Gull was at the Budds Farm Sewage Works today - I saw it perched on one of the metal roofs of the warehouses at the back of the sewage works (it would look nicer on the creek!). Also, the Green-Winged Teal was at Farlington just down the road, as were a couple of Avocets.
David

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back