• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Halmahera at Easter anyone (1 Viewer)

Hi All

We are finalising plans for Halmahera between the 28th of March and 6th of April. There are 40+ endemics there and we are going to attempt to see all of them. Major targets are Wallace's Standardwing (at a lek), Ivory-breasted Pitta, Paradise Crow, Purple Dollarbird, Invisible Rail (tough). There are two of us already but it would be good to have another one or two people. We will have ground agents and guides, etc.

Please let me know and I can provide costs, details, etc.

Phil Hansbro, Newcastle, Australia
Philip dot Hansbro at newcastle.edu.au

Halmahera

G'day Phil, I am interested in your trip to Halmahera. Would just like to know some cost estimates before I can commit. Please contact my home email, ([email protected]) asap if you are still looking for someone.

hi, i went in aug. was quoted £1250 for 5 days inc travel. i did it alone for £200 for 9 days, very easily too. foli,s the spot

i saw all the birds mentioned and many more, except the rail. can let u have the notes next week. i went from manado rtn.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back