• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guess the bird- (7 Viewers)

Hello,

once more: having read the other comments and hints (thanks!), the left bird surely has to be a Great Reed Warbler (if taken in Europe).

Both birds seems to have the right stance/posture on a reed (yes, single picture effect).

At first, the right gave a strange impression, but I now think, its looking towards thre camera, and the head is partially hidden behind some plant part, and is actually either a worn Moustached Warber or a Cettis Warbler.
If forced, I would opt for a Moustached Warbler:
  • I would expect to see the pale flesh legs of a Cettis Warbler even in a picture of this quality (no offence you know)
  • "Sedge Warber is close"
  • yes, you said your Mum was in Portugal

Hello,

once more: having read the other comments and hints (thanks!), the left bird surely has to be a Great Reed Warbler (if taken in Europe).

Both birds seems to have the right stance/posture on a reed (yes, single picture effect).

At first, the right gave a strange impression, but I now think, its looking towards thre camera, and the head is partially hidden behind some plant part, and is actually either a worn Moustached Warber or a Cettis Warbler.
If forced, I would opt for a Moustached Warbler:
  • I would expect to see the pale flesh legs of a Cettis Warbler even in a picture of this quality (no offence you know)
  • "Sedge Warber is close"
  • yes, you said your Mum was in Portugal
Sadly, when I meant close, I meant that they shared the family acrocephalidae- the other bird is a common warbler but you are correct about the great Reed warbler- this was taken in Langford lowlands last year- the picture below was taken through binoculars.

Attachments

• 7A36322E-6A06-4B24-810A-04CAAE77188D.jpeg
    7A36322E-6A06-4B24-810A-04CAAE77188D.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 10
Hello again,

thats regular/usual brain function=ways of thinking (no offence you know).

Your new picture shows Pink footed Geese and a Canada Goose
Close- it’s a cackling the one that was in brancaster for a couple of days. Though it’s basically impossible to tell from this picture as all the pink footed are extremely blurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back