• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings From Northern Virginia, USA! (1 Viewer)

NorthernHarrier

Hello everyone! Wow, this is a spectacular forum and website! I can't believe it has taken me this long to find it and register.

I am a birder living in northern Virginia, USA, and working in DC. I have always been interested in birds and other wildlife, ever since I walked around my neighborhood near Minneapolis as a child and saw the nighthawks at dusk swooping over the vacant lots that gradually disappeared as I grew up.

I went off to various schools and did not have time to indulge my passion in birds for many years, until I was working and living in the national capitol area around 1990. Since I began to bird seriously, I have been fortunate to participate in some interesting volunteer projects, such as:

- assisting at a raptor banding station near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay, on the eastern shore of the Bay;

- conducting a study along the Potomac River in Virginia to determine if Louisiana Waterthrushes were breeding along the streams; and

- participating in the Virginia Breeding Bird Survey for several years, and other volunteer research efforts.

I look forward to learning a lot from all of the forum members. Thank you for welcoming me into your community, and good birding!

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We’re glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi NorthernHarrier and a warm welcome from me too.

May I wish you and your family a very happy New Year.

Thank you for your kind welcomes, Delia and KCFoggin!

Over 100,000 posts for both of you?! Gadzooks! Very impressive, as I know those totals were accumulated by your interest in helping others and in learning from others.

Thank you, Lisa! Bisbee, AZ - what a beautiful area! I had an awe-inspiring visit down there a few years ago - saw all of the specialty birds I had hoped for and more, and enjoyed the desert and mountains very much. Wish I could be down there more....

NorthernHarrier - thanks. It is a special area for birding. I lived in Northern VA back in the mid 80s. Sure wish I had been a birder back then.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back