• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Photography Website. (1 Viewer)

carjug

B :)
I want to buy a camera. A nice one with fancy lenses. I own a little point and shoot thingy, but it can't do much in the bird realm.
I tried to learn about the digital cameras, and had some luck with library books. I bought a stack of old magazines at a used bookstore and found that they were little more than Wish-Books supported by the camera companies.
Next I tried Google and wound up at :
www.kenrockwell.com
Pure gold. I think I can buy some lenses that will do what I want them to do without breaking the bank or weighing ten tons. The guy does ask for a five buck donation for his time, I gladly shot him an Abe Lincoln. If you have your heart set on owning the most expensive and impressive equipment in the club, this is not for you. If you think that a military surplus blind and a pair of waders would help you get better pictures, then hit the link.
Also:
http://www.crypto-world.com/photography/BirdPhotography.html
Has the same cheapskate philosophy.
Cheers brethern and sistern.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back