• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Global Birding weekend (1 Viewer)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
Most people must have seen the announcement of the next Global Birding event to be held over the weekend of October 8th 9th and 10th. See globalbirding.com if you have not. The basic premise is to encourage local low-carbon birding, maybe breaking a few records in the process such as the number of species seen, number of birders involved. The last two events in October last year and then this May did just that. Plus it can be a fundraising event for a worthwhile Birdlife project.

If there is sufficient interest amongst Birdforum members it would be nice to have an international team made up of as many members as possible and covering as wide a range of countries as possible. I was hoping that admin might organise things but if not I am happy to give it a go.

All it need involve is you going birding as much as possible that weekend and entering your sightings lists onto the eBird system after you have registered as a member of the team.

Anyone interested?

I'm having second thoughts about organising this - plus the interest seems minimal.

So if it is thought to be a good idea then someone else, hopefully admin, can do the registration etc.

Most people must have seen the announcement of the next Global Birding event to be held over the weekend of October 8th 9th and 10th. See globalbirding.com if you have not.
I think it should be globalbirding.org (globalbirding.com takes me to a birder's website with no mention of this event)

Last edited:
Most people must have seen the announcement of the next Global Birding event to be held over the weekend of October 8th 9th and 10th. See globalbirding.com if you have not. The basic premise is to encourage local low-carbon birding, maybe breaking a few records in the process such as the number of species seen, number of birders involved. The last two events in October last year and then this May did just that. Plus it can be a fundraising event for a worthwhile Birdlife project.

If there is sufficient interest amongst Birdforum members it would be nice to have an international team made up of as many members as possible and covering as wide a range of countries as possible. I was hoping that admin might organise things but if not I am happy to give it a go.

All it need involve is you going birding as much as possible that weekend and entering your sightings lists onto the eBird system after you have registered as a member of the team.

Anyone interested?
We are part of a team already! As member of Birds Caribbean Society we are in a team. And Iam one of the top ten ebirders in Cuba so we always participate in all kind of counts!! Thank you so much for encourage people to join!!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back