• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Geography Quiz - Identify these countries. (1 Viewer)

alan_rymer said:
A frog is 5 foot from a pond. How many hops to reach the pond?.
Its first hop is 2' 6", its second hop is 1' 3", each hop is half the distance of the previous hop?

Five hops. Frogs hop with their hind legs, and an average frog is 2" long. The fifth hop puts its hind legs 1.875" from the water, so its front legs are now in the water. :cool:

Michael

I doubt if it helps but I heard this on BBC Radio 5
A man goes into a pub with a roll of tarmac under his arm. "I'll have two pints please, barman, one for me and one for the road."
There was also an anecdote on the hoverflies-UK email group about how the Heiniken Fly got its name. Apparently it has a long proboscis (for a hoverfly) so it reaches the parts (of the flowers) that the others cannot reach.
A penguin goes into a pub and asks the barman: "Have you seen my Dad?"
The barman replies, "What does he look like?" Also Radio 5 (someone has just written a book about pubs, apparently).

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back