• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gambia; practical help (2 Viewers)

This is a pretty good link if you want to know how others rate your hotel. Badala Park incidentally got an average rating of 8/10.

I guess the rating often reflects the price paid and the Badala park is inexpensive, my favourite only got 7.5 so it all goes to show, we all look for different things in our accommodation.

We've just booked again for Jan next year (our 7th visit) this time staying down at Cape Point, looking forward to some good birding.

The Badala Park is not showing in The Gambia Experience brochure, and when we stayed there (albeit 5 years ago) it was awful, the rooms resembled prison cells (not that I've been in a prsion cell lol) it is a good location for birding tho'

Yes, we have booked to go again at the end of January too, staying in the inexpensive but very adequate Sunset Beach ( check out the reports on Trip Advisor) in Kotu. It takes some beating for local birding, attracting a good variety both on the beach and the creek as well as the surrounding ponds and fields. l know I will get a certain amount of hassle from the bird guides, I know I will lose my cool a couple of times but I know it is perfect as a resort for birding and having a non birding partner ! I have also learnt which way to go to avoid the bird guides on the bridge when I want to ;););)

I've been to Gambia twice but not seen Egyptian Plover, I'm wondering if anyone/group out there in Nov/Dec would want to reduce costs going upriver by having an extra person along? Would be a short visit for me, 7 days absolute max. Last time, in Feb, the EP had gone even from Basse so I figure that earlier in the winter is more reliable. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

I've been to Gambia twice but not seen Egyptian Plover, I'm wondering if anyone/group out there in Nov/Dec would want to reduce costs going upriver by having an extra person along? Would be a short visit for me, 7 days absolute max. Last time, in Feb, the EP had gone even from Basse so I figure that earlier in the winter is more reliable. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

I'll be arriving on the 25th Nov staying at the senegambia for 11 days, may be interested in sharing cost on a trip for a few days, very keen to see Egytian Plover. Can email me on [email protected] thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back