• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forest of Dean (1 Viewer)

tim major said:
Denis said:
Hello,

I was "one of the RSPB people" at this site on both Sat and Sunday. We had some good views of Goshawks from around 14:45 - 16:00 when we finished. Two birds flew almost overhead, we had two performing their display "dance" and one settled in a tree providing OK - if distant - views.

I'm also one of the RSPB staff at Symonds Yat for the summer so if any of you do come along please say "hello" - or better still, come and Volunteer for a day or two.

I'm the middle aged one with the beard....not easily mistaken for my young female colleague.

Cheers
hi dennis,been to new fancy last 2 yrs. to watch the goshawks-may have met you . found the halden hills (near exeter) raptor view point few weeks ago- what are the chances of seeing goshawks there?

Hi Tim and a very warm welcome to Birdforum. You should announce yourself in the Hello Forum

What a brilliant place to to be for the Goshawks. I go there at least once a year and I bet I have met you over the last couple of years, allthough this year the last time I was there 13/03/05.

Regarding Haldon Hills. I don't think they show anywhere near as well as Fancy View, in fact I have struggled to see them there. I have visited the viewpoint quite a few times and have found over the years that it has progressively not been as good each year that I visit. Mind you regular visitors might know differently.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back