• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forest of Dean (4 Viewers)

jeff said:
The last time i was as wet as on Sunday was when i went swimming the other week :)
It was persisting it down.
I should have waited round really, someone did predict the bird to me earlier in the day, i should have listened :-(

Oops missed out the quote i was given.

"There will be a turn in this weather this afternoon" :)

Sorry this is a bit late - just got back from a week's hols today.

We live on Tidenham Chase - never seen Goshawks here. Some large tit flocks through the pines to the North of the heath and a few crossbills recently too. It's also a very reliable place for Nightjars in season. A partnership of conservation bodies are restoring a once forested area back to lowland heath which together with another heathland, Poors Allotment on the Eastern side of the main road will hopefuly start to pull in a greater variety of birds over time.

Another exciting develoment here has been the discovery and excavation of Miss Grace's Lane Cave over the last few years - in an area where the experts said the limsetone was unsuitable for cave development. The cave is now over 3km in length.

Any other cavers on BF?

Regards

Denis

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back