• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First batch of Zen-Ray ED2 7x36 sold out, but.... (1 Viewer)

Bob A (SD)

This just appeared on the Zen-Ray web site under the ED2 7x36 product listing:

"Please note before you place the pre-order for 7x36 ED2: we have sold out the first batch of 7x36 ED2 that is scheduled to deliver between 8/8-8/11. Any order placed after 8/4/2009 will be delivered by the end of the August. This affects future 7x36 ED2 orders only. If you ordered before 8/3/2009, there is no change of the delivery schedule. When you pre-order ZEN ED2, you will enjoy the current 20% off discount, as well as our 45 days low price protection for pre-order customers. The quantity is limited and availability is limited on the first come first served basis.

We offer 20% off if you use coupon code "MyED2" during check out. Take advantage of this offer for the lowest ZEN ED2 price before its official launch. (Limited time offer, while supply lasts)"

At least for those on the fence the 20% discount will still be available for the second batch of bins.

As FrankD noted in the pre-order thread, there has been a LOT of excitment about this product. (I decided I needed the correct quote of Frank's, so....) Specifically he wrote: "The last time there was this much hub-bub about a new line of bins it was the Swaro EL HDs and they haven't even hit the shelves yet...prior to that maybe the FLs?" This news from Charles at Zen-Ray seems to confirm that the excitement has also translated to action for many. I know I'm anxious for mine to arrive :)

Last edited:
Hello Bob,

Who, among those who ordered in June, lives across the street from the distribution point or demanded overnight delivery?
Will they reach Nirvana through Zen, or Zen binoculars, or will they still be locked in mortality?

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

I live across Town from the distribution point,BUT WHEN I FINALLY GOT MY PENNIES TOGETHER FOR A PURCHASE>>THEY WERE SOLD OUT!.(seriously)....By the time the second batch is ready to ship,I will (may the lord help me)be living exactly 10.000 miles further down the street!
Oh Well..

Nice quote Bob...but you have to admit it is the truth. The question that comes to my mind though is how many binoculars were in the "first batch". I wonder how many were in the first batch of the original 8x42 EDs? They sold out at some point because I remember the discussion when they were listed as out of stock on the website.

Hmm, how long do we have now? 6 or 7 days assuming delivery to the US in on time.

;)

Frank,

I wondered too about the volume, but figured it didn't really matter all that much as (1) the demand causing the sell out validated the group's desire for a mid sized, high quality 7x, that Charles listened to, and (2) it appears that Charles is gauging his market fairly accurately.

As for when, yeah... I'm hoping no later than the 12th too :)

Last edited:
I see the ZenRay ED2 7x36 are already in Bob's signature ;)

I suspect the first batch isn't huge. It's new product so just in case there are some production tweaks needed and I would think cash flow in the current times is probably a critical issue.

But its nice to see some transparency too with an indication that they'll run out of stock on this first batch and then setting expectations for the ETA for the next batch. Rather better than an "out of stock" message.

Pinewood said:
Will they reach Nirvana through Zen, or Zen binoculars, or will they still be locked in mortality?

Perhaps if they receive a sharp blow from a wooden stick whilst using the bins? Isn't that how the koans go?

Or they see an Ivory-billed Woodpecker at their feeder. ;)

And I finish with this ...

A student of Tendai, a philosophical school of Buddhism, came to the Zen abode of Gasan as a pupil. When he was departing a few years later, Gasan warned him: "Studying the truth speculatively is useful as a way of collecting preaching material. But remember that unless you meditate constantly your light of truth may go out."

;)

I live across Town from the distribution point,BUT WHEN I FINALLY GOT MY PENNIES TOGETHER FOR A PURCHASE>>THEY WERE SOLD OUT!.(seriously)....By the time the second batch is ready to ship,I will (may the lord help me)be living exactly 10.000 miles further down the street!
Oh Well..
Never mind, Mayoayo....come visit Ireland from Spain, and you can have a look at mine.B :)

Sancho..Come to Spain and bring them,I will be living right on the edge of the Parque Natural del Delta del Ebro ..We'LL BIRD,QUERIDO SANCHO!

Last edited:
I got it too but as Frank D said in the other thread it's only for 2 or 3 days. Everyone stateside should have theirs in hand by 15 August.

Charles has also posted new pix of the 7x36 :)

Attachments

• 7x36ZENED2.JPG
    7x36ZENED2.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 7x36ZENED2-B.JPG
    7x36ZENED2-B.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back