• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Find a Wallcreeper (1 Viewer)

dan houghton

Well, winter is almost upon us and it's been 25 years since the last acceptable Wallcreeper in Britain.

How about a 'National Find a Wallcreeper Day/s', where we all go out and check our nearest cliffs, quarries, large buildings..... A day in November and perhaps another in March would seem reasonable.

It's a massive longshot of course, but you never know, it may just pay off!...

well today ive walked 14 miles today and been past about 12 quarries and the large HBOS building in Halifax seen none.

I'm up for it!!! I always check Cheddar gorge when I'm passing through it.

Although I reckon a single observer would have better odds of winning the euro millions jackpot than finding a Wallcreeper in the UK! Mind you, it still won't stop me checking !

I'm up for it!!! I always check Cheddar gorge when I'm passing through it.

Although I reckon a single observer would have better odds of winning the euro millions jackpot than finding a Wallcreeper in the UK! Mind you, it still won't stop me checking !

That's the spirit Rob , give us a bell when you find |8)| LOL

I will check things this end :t:

there's already one here - not that it's easy to see though, and quite a way from Britain. Always dreamed of finding one of these beauties in the UK

Well, winter is almost upon us and it's been 25 years since the last acceptable Wallcreeper in Britain.

How about a 'National Find a Wallcreeper Day/s', where we all go out and check our nearest cliffs, quarries, large buildings..... A day in November and perhaps another in March would seem reasonable.

It's a massive longshot of course, but you never know, it may just pay off!...

Count me in Dan, get a date decided. I walk through Winchelsea most days, which has a good past record for 'em..

Rob

I worked in Wells at the time and still dream about the Cheddar Bird,
(I saw it many times.)
Were you born then?

I've seen a few since but not in the UK.

regards
Merlin

You'd have to look on every concrete building. I would not be suprised if there was a regular winterer somewhere.

I would be. But I guess if you don't look and there did just happen to be one (and it went for modern buildings) ...

Actually, forget 'Wallcreeper' ... in the concrete jungle 'Kerbcrawler' is a much more likely proposition ... or at least people would probably think you were if you do it in too comfrortable a style ...

This year could be the year. Allready off the mountains this side as well! A apir have reached Brive - north of Bordeaux...

I suggest a series of massive Heligoland traps set up off-shore at prominent headlands all around the British coast. At the end of each one we could set up a huge grandstand, a bit like at the 18th hole of open golf championships, so hordes of twitchers can sit there waiting for the rares to come piling up the traps. We could charge £50 a head and donate the money to the help-group Listers Anonymous.

at least two in Besançon now, probably three. Once this rain stops and I'm not at work, I'll get out to get my hit of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back