• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eygpt Holiday (2 Viewers)

Bailie

Hi all.

I am Philip from Norfolk I am going on holiday in two weeks time in egypt and would like to what to look out for and likely to see, I have been told we are going to Sharm-El-Sheik, sorry if i have spelt it wrong.

Any guidence would be a help.
Thanks. Philip.

Hi Philip and welcome to Bird Forum

Have you looked in Opus? There is some information there which may keep you going until someone comes on with some more specific info for you

HTH

D

One of the commonly done trips from Sharm goes to the Sct Katarina Monastery http://www.birdforum.net/opus/Santa_Katharina_Monastery which can be an interesting place on its own with Sinai Rosefinch (pale rosefinch), Tristams Grackle, etc. Birding is much better around the monastery in the early morning hours than later in the day. There are normally hordes of turists who arrive during the night for the hike up the mountain, look at the sunrise and come down again; I dont know which birds can be seen during such an excursion.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back