• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ethiopia with Abiy January 2013 (1 Viewer)

seedyrom

Supporter
Finally finished my trip report. A bit long because my reports are my diary too and I like looking back and remembering the happy times I have had. If you don't like reading y waffle, I have put a list of birds seen at the end of each day and there is a full bird list at the end of the report.
I cannot thank Abiy Dagne enough for organising this tour - what an absolutely fabulous country and what a great guide and ambassador for his country. :)

Attachments

• Ann and Roland Go Birding in Ethiopia.pdf
    925.2 KB · Views: 244
seedyrom ,

Looking forward to reading your report.

Before I do, I see you mention Abiy in the Title - I know that you will have had a fantastic time with him as your guide.

If anyone is ever thinking about going to Ethiopia, hire Abiy as your driver/guide -whatever your interests - he is a brilliant guy, has contacts all over the country and you will be a 100% safe in his hands.

May I echo the comments by Paul Higson and seedyrom about Abiy.In fact it was my recommendation to seedyrom that she should use Abiy for a trip to Ethiopia after he had taken myself and my Wife round the birding circuit the previous year.A superb guide/driver and a delight to travel with.One of the best we have ever met in 30 years of travelling overseas.

Tom.

seedyrom ,

Looking forward to reading your report.

Before I do, I see you mention Abiy in the Title - I know that you will have had a fantastic time with him as your guide.

If anyone is ever thinking about going to Ethiopia, hire Abiy as your driver/guide -whatever your interests - he is a brilliant guy, has contacts all over the country and you will be a 100% safe in his hands.

Great trip report Seedyrom. I am off to Ethiopia in two days. I have the Behrens, Barnes and Boix guide to birding in Ethiopia, which has great info on where to go and the birds at each location, but your trip report has really helped me get a better feel of the place. I really enjoyed your descriptions of the people and places, along with the amazing birds you saw. I'm glad that you liked Bishangari so much, because I won't have to feel so guilty about dumping the wife and kid there for a couple of nights while I head up to the Bale Mountains. Ours is more of a family holiday, so I doubt I will get as many birds as you, but I will be happy with whatever comes my way, especially as we head off to South Africa for 7 weeks straight after!
Tom

Last edited:
Thank you, Tom. I hope you have a great time - I really loved this country as I am sure you could tell! Then South Africa - can't be bad! You must get better paid than teachers over here! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back