• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Estonia (1 Viewer)

Peter N

Hi,
I am new to this forum but I want to make full use of it. Basically i am going out to Estonia with a group of conservationists (Southampton University Conservation Volunteers (www.soton.ac.uk/~sucv)) and I am interested in doing a bit of birding out there. But having no prior knowledge of Estonia I need recomended websites or books that will tell me more about the birds out there.

So if you have any good books covering Estonia and want to recomens them to me that would be great
cheers
pete

http://www.vironlintuseura.fi/eng/index.shtml

'Estonian Birding Society

Viron Lintuseura - Estonian Birding Society r.y. is a Finnish birding association. The foundational meeting was held on February 7, 1997.

The society aims to promote bird observating and birding as a hobby in Estonia, increase the cooperation between Finnish and Estonian birders and help developing the protection and knowledge of Estonian birds and bird areas.

The society upholds Sõrve Bird Observatory in the southernmost peak of Saaremaa. The observatory is available for everyone in autumn.

When are you headed out that way Peter? I'm two countries south ...which is not very far and could give you quite a few pointers should you which to venture this way

Matsalu

You will no doubt get this info but Matsalu is a must - good wetlands and migration of waterfowl etc. Can still be pretty cold early May - I was there around 10th and had snow in Matsalu. Do you have much "free" time? Andrew

we basically have a day off in the middle- and there are a few of us that are thinking about staying behind at the end to do some birding whilst we're out there

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back