• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elmley RSPB (1 Viewer)

digimad

Hi, Anybody know if it is allowed to bird the track leading to the reserve car park on a tuesdays or is the track part of the reserve and shut to visitors?

Regards Steve.

Thank you for your reply, We will have to make other plans, just spend more time at harty ferry and shellness, Thanks again.

I know the raptor watchpoint on the road to Harty Ferry is good for an evening visit, but what about early morning. I'm heading south of the river on Xmas eve and want to make a very early start to avoid being stuck at the Dartford Crossing. So I'm looking for someplace I might while away an hour or two in that region.

I know the raptor watchpoint on the road to Harty Ferry is good for an evening visit, but what about early morning. I'm heading south of the river on Xmas eve and want to make a very early start to avoid being stuck at the Dartford Crossing. So I'm looking for someplace I might while away an hour or two in that region.

On Sheppey the sea front at Leysdown is worth a look and there is a (long) walk down to Shellness NNR and Elmley RSPB reserve is worth a look, as is the reserve at Cliffe (on the Isle of Grain). If you don't mind some extra driving Oare marshes (KWT) or Stodmarsh NNR are both worth a look. Oare is about 10 mins further down the A2 from the Sheppey junction, Stodmarsh about 30 - 40 mins further on.

[How many times can I use 'worth a look' in one post!]

Must admit to popping out to the farm on a Tuesday, an no one has ever stopped me..... Think its a public right of way to the farm at least....

Long Eared Owl?

Hi,

Anyone know if the long eared owl still roosts at the farm at Elmley? If so, where is it most likely to be found???

Cheers

Perry

I've seen a pair in the orchard by the farm. I think though that they only make an appearance occasionally.

Most likely as Helios says, towards the end of the orchard by the farm, ie: furthest from the car park. I don't remember seeing any reports of them recently though.

Mike

I've seen a pair in the orchard by the farm. I think though that they only make an appearance occasionally.

Most likely as Helios says, towards the end of the orchard by the farm, ie: furthest from the car park. I don't remember seeing any reports of them recently though.

Mike

Thanks guys, I hope to get down there in the next week or two - I'll post here if they show up.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back