• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Egypt (1 Viewer)

Sandra (Taylor)

We're going to Egypt in December for a week and I wondered if anyone on the Forum had advice on how to take currency i.e. lots of Egyptian pounds/lots of Sterling/small Egyptian pounds & much English/more English? Change into Egyptian over there?

I would appreciate any info.

Sandra

We changed a small amount here in the UK (to be able to buy the visa at the airport). The exchange rate however is much better over there and we seemed to get the best deal using US dollars. It was easy to change money in the hotel, etc.

Change Etc.

Thanks for that advice. Will take sterling and change there. But we have to pay for the Visa in Sterling. That's stated on our travel docs.

Thanks again

Sandra
:t:

I went to Na'ama Bay this July with my girlfriend - I took Egyptian pounds and she took US dollars. To be honest, I'd recommend changing your money into Egyptian pounds before you travel as, with anything over there, a 'floating' price seems to prevail and the unsuspecting Westerner will be seen from a mile off - even in what appears to be a reputable institution.

The less hassle you take over there i.e. the fact that you need to change currency, the less hassle you'll get.

ATB

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back