• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Discovery WA ED 8x32 Now Available (1 Viewer)

pete_gamby

Birds? What Birds?!
We've added a new model to our range - the Discovery WA ED 8x32.

This is based on the same physical design as the existing Discovery WP PC 8x32 so retains the light weight (under 400g) and compact design (108x112mm). Optically it has been improved with the use of ED objective lens elements, upgraded coatings and a wider field of view (8º) thanks to a new eyepiece design. That new design also helps to maintain good eye relief at 18mm.

The new model is positioned between the existing Discovery WP PC and the Explorer WA ED-R.

Troubadour has agreed to provide a review in the coming weeks and FrankD will make his comparisons with the WP PC model.

More information on the websites:

Stock available in the UK and the US. We expect to ship to European dealers in the coming weeks.

Cheers, Pete

Very interesting! I have a pair of the Traveler ED which I like very much, and recently bought a pair of the Discovery WP and ended up returning them. I thought the optics were way behind the Traveler ED and I wasn’t impressed with the build (flimsy twist eyecups that didn’t hold position and an excessively stiff focus knob that made it a challenge to focus and track birds).

Sounds like this new model will close some of the optical gap, have there been any improvements to the body / mechanics besides what looks like a different rubber armor texture? The build and materials quality of the Traveler felt quite a bit nicer than the Discovery WP as well.

I really enjoyed the form factor and small size of the Discovery so this could be a winner.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back