• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dippers in Dorset (1 Viewer)

photogav

Hello all

I'm very lucky to have a house next to the river Frome. I'm even luckier to have a pair of dippers that use the river. From my kitchen window I can watch them foraging and this year I was treated to some great views of their one hatchling that survived the weather being bought food (boy the fledglings make a racket).

I'm not telling you all this to brag (well maybe a little), but as a photographer I am going to undertake a photographic project of the dippers and I'll be posting some blog entries about them. I haven't created the blog yet, as I'll do it as a stand alone away from my existing blog, which is more for my commercial photography. I'll post links and updates on here so you can follow my successes and failures. I'll probably start in late summer (once renovations are complete on my house) and continue throughout the winter. I plan to do it for a year.

I just thought I'd write down my plans so I have to commit to them now

Hello all

I'm very lucky to have a house next to the river Frome. I'm even luckier to have a pair of dippers that use the river. From my kitchen window I can watch them foraging and this year I was treated to some great views of their one hatchling that survived the weather being bought food (boy the fledglings make a racket).

I'm not telling you all this to brag (well maybe a little), but as a photographer I am going to undertake a photographic project of the dippers and I'll be posting some blog entries about them. I haven't created the blog yet, as I'll do it as a stand alone away from my existing blog, which is more for my commercial photography. I'll post links and updates on here so you can follow my successes and failures. I'll probably start in late summer (once renovations are complete on my house) and continue throughout the winter. I plan to do it for a year.

I just thought I'd write down my plans so I have to commit to them now

Hi PG, looking forward to seeing the results.

PP

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back