• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Detachable aiming device (1 Viewer)

jkingrph

I see that there is now included a detachable aiming device for the tsn 880 series scopes. Does anyone know if it will fit any other models and if so how to go about getting one or more.

My email to Kowa about this was deleted by their customer service , notice said without being read. I did get what is called a Pitcnanny riser rail, the one I got designed for air rifles, and mounted it on my 82sv. I put a piece of 1/4" thick closed cell foam inside the stay on case, near the focus knob to help compesate for the taper in the scope body, and then zip tied the riser to the scope, over the stay on case. Even then I had to shim the back of the riser block about 1/4 " All in all there are 4 heavy duty zip ties hold it in place and it makes aiming the scope much easier, not the most elegant solution, and a good bump will knock th alignment off, but a little twisting and It gets back close which is all that is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back