• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DBW&PS Lundy Trip (1 Viewer)

MTN1540

I could not make the Lundy trip last sunday, I was wondering how it went and what was seen.

From what I hear the weather was quite bad.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,
The weather wasn't very good at all with rain and, at times, thick fog. The trip over saw some Manx Shearwater, Gannet, Kittiwake, Razorbill, Guillemot etc. The walk from the jetty saw a couple of Spotted Flycatchers, Rock Pipits, Swallows, Sand Martins etc. There were a few Puffins present at Jenny's Cove and several Wheater.

The weather did start to improve just as we were about to leave the island and on the drop back down to the jetty we were greeted with a Water Rail and four peregrine.

I thought it was an enjoyable day but it would have been so much better if the weather had been like the Sat or indeed the Mon.

Thanks for the reply, I am going out on Saturday 29th, hopefully the weather will be a bit better.

All the best

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back