• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dantheman's 2009 Yearlist (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
Another pitiful expose of a years' woeful birding . . .

No special targets, but would be nice to get 200 on the self-found and 200 on the green (bigby) list. Since I have a car, and thus tend to use it, the latter is probably unlikely. The former would be nice to achieve.

01/01/09

Upstairs window, Swanley, Kent

01 Robin
02 Black-headed Gull
03 Woodpigeon
04 Starling

Took 4 attempts to actually see anything at all in 2009, despite it being mid-morning. Skies and rooftops bare at the first glances.

Swanley Park

05 Magpie
06 Blackbird
07 Collared Dove
08 Blue Tit
09 House Sparrow
10 Chaffinch
11 Greenfinch
12 Jay
13 Goldcrest
14 Wren
15 Common Gull
16 Great Tit
17 Goldfinch
18 Green Woodpecker
19 Pied Wagtail
20 Redwing
21 Ring-necked Parakeet
22 Long-tailed Tit
23 Mistle Thrush
24 Moorhen
25 Mallard
26 Coot
27 Shoveler
28 Carrion Crow
29 Dunnock
30 Bullfinch
31 Feral Pigeon

Last edited:
06/01/09

Swanley, Kent

32 Woodcock

Seen flying over 'The Woodlands' function centre at dusk as I drove back from Bromley.

10/01/09

Rainham Marshes RSPB, Essex

33 Lapwing
34 Mute Swan
35 Stonechat
36 Herring Gull
37 PENDULINE TIT 2 (Lifer!!!!!!!)
38 Shelduck
39 Grey Heron
40 Pintail
41 Gadwall
42 Teal
43 Cetti's Warbler (h)
44 Sparrowhawk
45 Cormorant
46 Fieldfare
47 Rock Pipit

Rainham RSPB, wrong side of the Thames, but it scores again! Seen them abroad in Italy and Turkey, but 3rd year and 3rd attempt here and finally catch up with the Penduline Tits. Good and very close views for a while. Pretty cold- very little open water available for waterfowl- frozen up. Couldn't hang about as had other mundane things to attend to. Also managed to return some of Sean's birding paraphenalia left behind from a previous trip!

Last edited:
13/01/09

Swanley Park, Kent

48 Jackdaw
49 Great Spotted Woodpecker
50 Canada Goose
51 Siskin (7)
52 Lesser Redpoll (1)

18/01/09

Crayford Marshes and Thames foreshore, Kent

53 Green Sandpiper (3)
54 Black-tailed Godwit (184)
55 Great Black-backed Gull
56 Lesser Black-backed Gull
57 Redshank
58 Wigeon
59 Dunlin
60 Ringed Plover
61 Song Thrush
62 Linnet
63 Little Egret
64 Kestrel

Spent 2 hours surveying for the Atlas project. Plenty of year ticks.

Last edited:
Dartford Fresh Marsh, Kent

65 Greylag Goose

Littlebrook, Kent

66 Tufted Duck
67 Little Grebe
68 Reed Bunting
69 Great Crested Grebe

Dartford Marshes and Thames foreshore, Kent

70 Curlew
71 Grey Plover
72 Kingfisher
73 Peregrine
74 Common Snipe (h)

More Atlas birding in the vicinity...Nice. Earlier saw some possible Waxwings in Hextable Park, but they were the worst views ever, through the windscreen of the car. By the time I'd got the scope out and put my boots on they'd been flushed by a marauding pack of over-exuberant dogs and owner. :eek!: Couldn't relocate them. . . Next time will get the views even if it means stockinged feet . . .

Last edited:
21/01/09

Crittles Corner Lakes, St Pauls Cray, Kent

76 Water Rail
77 Ruddy Duck f
78 Pochard

Private fishing lakes, but there is access of sorts. Going to be worth future visits.

Last edited:
22/01/09

Ruxley Manor Garden Centre, Foots cray, Greater London

79 Waxwing

5 turned up out near Sidcup. Since it was only a few miles away, walked out there!!!. Paid another visit to the gravel pits whilst I was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back