• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

costa rica san jose (1 Viewer)

exley

hi

two of us are stuck in san jose area from 10 in the morning till we catch a small plain down to osa the next morning at 6 a.m.

anywhere we can bird - any suggestions on anyhting, to do, or places to stay so we dont waste a day, and still catch the plane. are there any good and safe places to do some quick birding, maybe after dumping our stuff?

thanks for any insight

exley

I'd take a bus but that probably doesn't suit you. Just been checking flights to San Jose for Feb 2005 also for an Osa trip. But I'd stopover in Tarcoles for a day or so, great spot, then continue south. Previous visit to SJ didn't produce much, it is a very built up city. The Nat Pk outside SJ is supposed to be dangerous, so best avoided perhaps. Hopefully somebody has some useful info for you.

Adrian

Yeah

guess we will just hang out and rest for a day - we have relatively short time in CR so we are flying and dont have too much opportunity to stop over places.

Thanks though

quetzal for next visit-monkeys and macaws on this one-lol

I would hire a taxi and visit Volcan Poas and La Paz hummingbird gardens, about an hour north of San Jose. Both beautiful and great birding sites.
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back