• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Corfu september (1 Viewer)

Finbirder

Hi

I am heading to Corfu this month and would like to know what places would be worth seeing in bird perspective and not too hard access for a family trip. I know that the mountains in North are good as well the Lefkimmi saltpans in south? We are also having a guided daytrip to Albania, I dont know if there are similar species than Corfu?

Species of interest would be:

Squacco heron
Stone Curlew
Tawny Pipit
cirl Bunting
Lanner Falcon
Eleonoras Falcon
Eastern Olivaceous Warbler
Black-headed Bunting
Pelicans?
Rock nuthatch
Yelkouan Shearwater
Barn Owl
Olive-tree Warbler
Levant Sparrowhawk

Any advice is highly appreciated, also estimates about what of the target species might be easy/hard to see during September.

Edit: we are staying in Moraitika, especially I would like to know if there are any birding places in this area

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back