• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Configuration Zoom F3 (2 Viewers)

Avetarda

Spain
Some time ago I read a file on the forum with the configuration recommendations for the zoom f3, but I can't find it. Does anyone have it? Or if not, some recommendations to configure the recorder?

There are not many settings for the sound, so I set anything I can to preserve batteries:
  • sampling rate as low as possible, say max 48kHz or even 44.1kHz instead of highest (not useful for normal sound frequencies)
  • make sure to record only 1 channel mono if only 1 mic
  • check the microphones to see if phantom power is rated for 24V instead of 48V that should save a lot of energy
  • I find pre recording very useful, but if not needed better disable it
  • backlight off or 1 min in the dark
  • I'm not using headphones, but if playback is needed select headphones with low impedance...
I'm also using plastic plugs for the empty USB and 3.5mm to prevent bugs and water to get inside...

There are not many settings for the sound, so I set anything I can to preserve batteries:
  • sampling rate as low as possible, say max 48kHz or even 44.1kHz instead of highest (not useful for normal sound frequencies)
  • make sure to record only 1 channel mono if only 1 mic
  • check the microphones to see if phantom power is rated for 24V instead of 48V that should save a lot of energy
  • I find pre recording very useful, but if not needed better disable it
  • backlight off or 1 min in the dark
  • I'm not using headphones, but if playback is needed select headphones with low impedance...
I'm also using plastic plugs for the empty USB and 3.5mm to prevent bugs and water to get inside...
Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back