• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collins Birds of Britain and europe (1 Viewer)

Adrian k

I was looking to see if it was possible to download this app to a laptop I have it on my I-pad but would love to have it on my laptop any help or information would be extremely welcome

If you have a Mac laptop with a modern chipset you can run iOS apps on it. The actual results seem to be dependant on the particular app.

There are various iOS emulators for Windows but whether they actually work with a particular app is even more hit and miss.

It can be loaded onto windows via the "windows subsystem for Android".
Takes about 30 seconds for me to start the android subsystem, then it's fine.
Not sure which versions of Windows has the android subsystem though.

(The android subsystem is another example of how we can open and view our data from anywhere on the planet, and yet data in the Android partition is quite difficult to move into the windows OS in the same pc!)

If you have a Mac laptop with a modern chipset you can run iOS apps on it. The actual results seem to be dependant on the particular app.

There are various iOS emulators for Windows but whether they actually work with a particular app is even more hit and miss.

Looks great on the screen of an iMac!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back