• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

China/Tibet splits? (1 Viewer)

Hi there

bit of a long shot but...

anyone know of any recent splits in Chinese taxa that can be found around Beijing and others in Qinghai region (Tibet). Especially any in Pam Rasmussen's new book or any that are maybe little known now but could be potential splits soon

I could go thru my OBC Checklist but i'm lazy and it probably is a little out of date now (1996) and if anyone has any idea it'd save an awful lot of time...

thanx for any help
Tim

Awesome to see Mr Lydon on a Avatar!

I've got a feeling I might know you, you're only just up the road from me, are you in a band?

lawsie said:
Awesome to see Mr Lydon on a Avatar!

I've got a feeling I might know you, you're only just up the road from me, are you in a band?

it has been known in the past... nothing to write home about though

i've managed to sort out a few from Pam's book but am still struggling with potential splits around Beijing or Xining (in the north-west)

anyone
Steve?

Tim

Tim Allwood said:
it has been known in the past... nothing to write home about though

Tim

Sorry to wander off topic like this, what were your bands called? Iv'e been gigging in ipswich for about ten years

Hi Tim,
I downloaded the Excel on the OB site and had a very quick look at the time. I may have a better look tonight if I can get a few minutes. My first snap impression, without having the book and without knowing therefore any of the justifications of the splits - it seems like an awful lot of splits (PSC) that will have a hard time taking hold and for this reason the taxonomy itself could prove to be a deterrent for buying the book. Mind you, this is just a snap impression with the exception just noted.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back