• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabela's Euro HD New Models (1 Viewer)

Regrettably, there will be no Meopta 7x42 HD, according to MEOPTA MAN.

7x42 SLC -- GONE!

7x42 HT -- NOT OFFERED!

Will Leica also drop the 7x42 configuration from its new line of Ubervids?

If so, that will leave the Nikon 7x42 EDG as the sole survivor at the prime and sub-prime levels.

<B>

I guess we`ll have to look at used before they increase in value.

The 8x32 HD sound like a very persuasive prospect to me. The non-HD is already my ergonomic favourite, and if they can match the 10x42 HD for sharpness they might just knock the Conquest HD 8x32 off it's mid-price perch for me.

I'm slightly puzzled though. The Meopta guys at BirdFair seemed to give me a very strong indication that there would not be an x32 HD Meopta. Perhaps they were teasing or maybe it's Cabela only? Disappointing for us in Europe if that is the case.

David

Meopta is revamping their HD binocular lineup as well, but won't be out until next year. They didn't tell me whether it would be 1st, 2nd quarter, or what though. It will also include the 8x32 and 8x42HD models. Obviously them and the Cabelas Euro are identical, except for the armoring.

Meopta is revamping their HD binocular lineup as well, but won't be out until next year. They didn't tell me whether it would be 1st, 2nd quarter, or what though. It will also include the 8x32 and 8x42HD models. Obviously them and the Cabelas Euro are identical, except for the armoring.
Good news indeed!

Thanks,

David

You could of had a 7x42 SLC for $585 shipped from Klipy.;) It was just hefty, nothing about focuser.;)

That was the second time he had it up for sale. He posted an ad a while back at a higher price, but then took it down. I wrote him and asked him about it, and he said he decided to keep it. He apparently changed his mind and some lucky dog with Arnold arms got a great deal.

It was the "ALT" version but with Swarobright coatings. I prefer the older style body because of the deeper thumb indents, which they brought back on the new (not neu) SLC or at least on the 8x56 and 10x56 models, not sure about the 8x and 10x42s.

Good deal, although if I factored in all the cans 'o spinach I'd have to buy to keep my arms pumped up like Popeye's, it might be worth putting all that spinach money toward a new (not neu) SLC.

<B>

Hi all,

Specs for the 8x are: 21.09 oz, 4.84" height, 3.3' close focus, 417' FOV/1000 yds. Retail price is $799.99.

CG

I was curious about the close focus so I looked it up, but it actually states a
9.8' focus, not 3ft.

Last edited:
I was curious about the close focus so I looked it up, but it actually states a
9.8' focus, not 3ft.

Hi Annabeth,

That is correct.... but,...

if you look at the spec on the webpage 9.8ft is listed for the 10x42, 10x32, and 8x32.

In the pamphlet I received, the spec for the 10x42 is 9.8ft, and the 10x32 and 8x32 are listed as 3.3ft.

For those interested in the 10x, specs are: 21.16 oz, 5.24" height, 3.3' close focus, 333' FOV/1000yds.... retail price $849.99.

CG

Hi Annabeth,

That is correct.... but,...

if you look at the spec on the webpage 9.8ft is listed for the 10x42, 10x32, and 8x32.

In the pamphlet I received, the spec for the 10x42 is 9.8ft, and the 10x32 and 8x32 are listed as 3.3ft.

For those interested in the 10x, specs are: 21.16 oz, 5.24" height, 3.3' close focus, 333' FOV/1000yds.... retail price $849.99.

CG

Wow...that's awesome. Thanks for the info.

The Euro HD 10x42 has only 15mm eye relief.....should have been at least 20mm to be interesting for me...hope they can manage that on the 8x32 :)

Anders

The Euro HD 10x42 has only 15mm eye relief.....should have been at least 20mm to be interesting for me...hope they can manage that on the 8x32 :)

Anders

I take it you've never even seen one, much less looked through one. They are fantastic, and eye relief was sufficient for me, even though the so called 16m+ ER of the Swaro SLC8x30 is not. Moral to the story, you've got to actually use one before passing judgement.

JGraider,

I do hope they are great. I will try the ordinary meopta version when it comes to Sweden, I already have their S2 HD scope....I hope you got that scope or at least have looked through it ?

The scope ER is 18mm and i have to put my glasses a bit tight to the ocular to get full view, well for that overall performance and pricepoint I can live with that...:smoke: .. so...if Meopta specifies the ER in the same way as the scope 15mm will surely be too small for me...so I did pass judgement on that :t:

I have some bins with 20mm ER that works fine for me using spectacles.

Anders

Anders

A mere look AT the various Meostar models is sufficient to raise a strong suspicion that the eye relief of the 10x42 regular and HD models will be insufficient for glasses wearers.

The eye lenses of the oculars get progressively smaller from 7x42 to 10x42 despite increasing AFOVs. My wife has the 7x42s, which have really large eye lenses of 24 mm diameter and a quoted eye relief of 21,8 mm. As a glasses wearer I have to extend the eyecups slightly to avoid blackouts.

Both 10x42 models have much smaller eye lenses with an AFOV around 60°, so it's no surprise that the ER is a mere 15 mm.

Strangely, the 10x32 has larger eye lenses than both 10x42 models and an ER of 16,3 mm, so it probably has a more complex ocular construction.

John

Good news: I'll have a Cabelas Euro 8x32 HD tomorrow, Friday.
Bad news: I'm not a good reviewer, very amateurish if you will.

I love the 10x42HD. What will I find with the 8x32 version do you think? I've never laid eyes on the non hd meopta 8x32.

Last edited:
If the 10x42 HD is any indication.....he-double hockey sticks yeah! Except, in a lighter more ergonomic package. These could truly be the bee's knees.....to quote some of my British friends on here. ;)

Good news: I'll have a Cabelas Euro 8x32 HD tomorrow, Friday.
Bad news: I'm not a good reviewer, very amateurish if you will.

I love the 10x42HD. What will I find with the 8x32 version do you think? I've never laid eyes on the non hd meopta 8x32.

I'll echo Frank. These might be really nice! I've had the S2 scope since April or May and Meopta seems to have glass and coatings totally figured out, good as Swaro if not better.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Mark

Just ordered the Cabela's Euro 10x32 HD's online. Said they had limited stock and gave me an estimated delivery date of 10/1/13. Gotta love Cabela's 60 day return policy though! I'll report back when I get'em.

First impressions, FWIW, from a very unscientific viewer are very positive. Very sharp, very ergonomic, lightweight, great build, hinge tightness just right, focuser a touch stiff (it is new after all), wish the diopter would lock but probably won't be an issue. Objective tethers fit very well....maybe Meopta tightened them up a little? They won't shake loose I know that. Rainguard fits great. Looks like a first rate product. I've got a killer pair of 8x32 Gold Ring HD's to compare it to and will post 'em up later.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the long hiatus in posting.
Regarding the Cabela's Euro HD 32mm binoculars, yes, Meopta is offering via Cabela's 8x32 and 10x32 Euro HD binoculars.
Delivery is limited right now, but larger quantities will begin to be delivered in November/December with regular consistent supply throughout 2014.

There is no development right now for a 8x42 HD or 7x42 HD as the demand for those models (from our markets) has not been as great as say the 10x42 HD or these new Cabela's models.

NDHunter, you are correct in that Cabela's is by far Meopta's single largest customer in America when it comes to OEM/branded products.

Right now there will not be a MeoStar B1 8x32 or 10x32 HD model released, only Cabela's.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back