• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Burnt Edge, Horwich, Greater Manchester (1 Viewer)

While doing some research i found this place got a little mention at the bottom of this rather helpful website, http://www.gmbirds.freeserve.co.uk/gmbsite.html have found the co-ordinates and it can't be more than a 2 mile walk from me. It's weird because my dad still does counts for some organisation or another (very well maybe the RSPB) up Rivington (the surrounding moorland) but he's not mentioned the place to me once. I've seen it mentioned on this forum as a place for Ring Ouzels, hopefully they might still be about, will have a gander as soon as it gets light today, to see how accesable the place actuallly is, but i'm no expert so i expect slim pickings on my first visit, but my question is to those Lancashire/ Greater Manchester birders who have been is what else should i look for there on future visits?

Have just come back and spoken to my dad, who actually does his counting at burnt edge i have found. I was under the impression the ring ouzels were there as a more pernament fixture throught the spring/summer but no according to him there just infrequent passers, he's not seen one there. Still had some absolute wonderful views of whitethroat on my way up there. :cool: sorry to potentially bother you all.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back