• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bumble Hole & Warrens Hall LNR (6 Viewers)

A early visit today not a lot to report birds of note Buzzard x2, Grey Heron, Bullfinch, Swift, House Martin, Swallow, Willow Warbler, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Herring Gull & Black Headed Gull’s.
Good Birding YAMYAM

I only had a hour on the patch today there was not a lot going on, the only birds of note being Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackcap, Pied Wagtail, Herring Gull, Grey Heron & Jackdaw.
Good Birding YAMYAM

I was on a high when I got on to the Patch after having seen a Avocet fly over Sheepwash this AM. So to have a patch tick has well just topped the day off. Common Sandpiper x1 flying along the Canal was new for the site, also of note Buzzard, Bullfinch, Green Woodpecker, Swift, House Martin, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Black Headed Gull x30 & Lesser Black Backed Gull x9.
Good Birding YAMYAM

You seem to have the 'touch' @ present with 'firsts' sticking to you like dog-crap to a shoe so..............get yerself down Withymoor, could do with something decent to look at!;)

Laurie:t:

A couple of hours on site today gave me 34 Species main highlights being Linnet, Jackdaw, Raven, Sparrowhawk, Stock Dove, Song Thrush, Chiffchaff, House Martin, Swallow, Herring Gull, Great Spotted Woodpecker & Long Tailed Tits.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Just over an hour on sight today produced a patch tick in the form of a female Tufted Duck, also seen Cuckoo x 1 young bird, Willow Warbler, Swift, Coal Tit, Raven, Bullfinch, Grey Heron & Great Spotted Woodpecker.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Doh!

Just over an hour on sight today produced a patch tick in the form of a female Tufted Duck, also seen Cuckoo x 1 young bird, Willow Warbler, Swift, Coal Tit, Raven, Bullfinch, Grey Heron & Great Spotted Woodpecker.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Hi was there yesterday and saw very little! Whereabouts was the Cuckoo?

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom sorry taken so long to reply, the Cuckoo was on the Warrens Hall Farm side of the patch in the paddock that backs on to the pool, the bird was sitting on the fence posts.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Late news for the 22nd July there was a Redstart near the visiter centre and a Common Tern was seen.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Today produced 4 Buzzards 2 being this years birds, Sparrowhawk x2, House Martin, Swift, Lesser Blacked Backed x20+, Herring Gull x2, Black Headed Gull x30+, Coot with young, Moorhen with young, Mallard with young, Chiffchaff, Blackcap, House Sparrow x40+, Raven, Rook, Little Grebe, & my largest Canada Goose count on the patch to date with 129 birds on the Canal.
Good Birding YAMYAM

A quick visit after work this AM (back on nights) paid off with a single Tree Pipit over Warrens Hall Farm, Two Wheatear, Buzzard x3, Whitethroat, Blackcap, Swift, House Martin, Herring Gull x3, Jackdaw x5 & my second sighting of Little Owl on the Patch.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Hour on site today not a lot doing, Blackcap x3, Willow Warbler x2, Chiffchaff, Goldfinch x60+, Buzzard x4, Grey Heron x6, Mute Swan x2 ad & 5 young, House Martin, Swallow, Herring Gull, Lesser Black Back x8, Black Headed x11 & Little Grebe.
Good Birding YAMYAM

An hour & Half on the Patch today not very productive, Green Wood, House Martin x10, Swallow x2, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Bullfinch, Grey Heron x3, Stock Dove, Song Thrush, Lesser Black Back x8, Black Headed x 19, Herring Gull x2 & Nuthatch heard but not seen was only my second record on the patch the last was, two birds back in March.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Two hours on sight today 06:30-08:30 gave me 40 species main highlight being a female Garganey on what they call the Top Pool the bird was happily feeding at the end of the pool where the reeds are, when a ‘F’ing German shepherd ran along the bank spooking the Mallards and the Garganey :C . I checked all the water’s on Bumble Hole and Warrens Hall but could not relocate the bird. Also seen Buzzard x3, Sparrowhawk, Bullfinch, Song Thrush, Stock Dove, Green Woodpecker, Blackcap, Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, House Martin, Swallow & the Goldfinch flock now at c80+.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Hour & Half on site this morning produced 34 species highlights being Chiffchaff c10, Blackcap c6, Willow Warbler 2, Whitethroat 1, Grey Heron x4, Green Woodpecker 1,Bullfinch x4 and a few more Hirundines than normal House Martin c60, Swallow c15 and Sand Martin 3.
Good Birding YAMYAM

An hour on the Warrens Hall Farm side of the patch this morning was fairly quiet birds of note. Buzzard x2, Bullfinch x2, Stock Dove x2, Jay, Chiffchaff x3, Blackcap, Great Spotted Wood, House Martin x2, Swallow x3, Grey Heron x3, house Sparrow x20+ and the Goldfinch flock down to 50+.
Good Birding YAMYAM

I paid a visit to the Black Country Boating Festival being held at Bumble Hole this weekend lots of people and some cracking boats even bumped in to some old friends who now live on there boat full time, picked up a couple of books on making Chutneys and preserves, beer tent looked inviting with at least 30 Ales & Ciders on offer but I was driving and with real Ale you get the taste. There was one boat selling welsh cheese I got my self some onion, whiskey and a strong mature. Bird wise Lesser Black Back x6, Black Headed x17, Long Tailed Tit x3, Great Spotted Wood, Pied Wagtail, Raven x2, Jackdaw x3 & Goldcrest.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Hi Laurie when you say 'finish some time' what state of repair is it in?

An hour on site this morning the only birds noted different from the last few visits being Lesser Whitethroat & Spotted Flycatcher.
Good Birding YAMYAM

It's not being 'repaired' it's being 'fitted out' - an important difference!;)

Still lots to do but not costwise just time and.................inclination:eek!:

Now that i have resolved one or two issues with BW and received compensation i can now finish it off and use it as i intended - to mooch about a bit, Sharpness and the Severn is favourite. Unfortunately you have to watch where you leave an unattended boat around the Black Country.

ATB Laurie:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back