• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brownsville area checklist (1 Viewer)

Gaga

Hi, can you tell me where I can find a checklist of birds present in the area of Brownsville during spring. I will be there during 1 and 12 May.

Thanks!

Gaga,
The web has lots of sites with info on Brownsville birding. It is supposed to be a fantastic place and has a yearly Birding festival.

Attached is a link for a Brownsville Checklist

This checklist is from the 1700 acre Resaca de la Palma State Park and has all birds marked as Migrant, Resident, etc. so you can see which ones should be there in the spring.

For general info on the park check this LINK

Have a good trip!

TEXBIRDS is well worth checking, as several Rio Grande Valley reports are usually made each week, including that of the World Birding Center.

May is really a summer month in the Valley, as many of the birds are nesting. Late migrants are possible along the coast, and the sightings from South Padre Island are usually timely.

There's always a chance that the next record of Stygian Owl, Yellow-faced Grassquit, Yellow-green Vireo or some other mega-rarity will be found during the nesting season.

I saw the last Yellow-faced Grassquit at Bentsen State Park, and wondered why on earth anyone would be birding down there in the heat of June. I'm glad that someone did, however, as the bird found was only the eighth US record (second TX record) of the Grassquit.

Please let us know what you find.

Steve in Houston

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back