• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown/Tan bird on the side of a mountain near Cody, WY (1 Viewer)

GracieAllen

United States
I was in Wyoming last September. Outside Cody, on the road to Buffalo Bill dam there was a road that went off to a (I think) USGA building. Next to the road was very steep mountainside, and I found these birds walking up and down the mountain. So far, Merlin and everything else I've tried hadn't identified them. What are they?

_A113267.jpg

Thanks. I wonder why Merlin didn't get it?
edited: I made the assumption you were using Merlin Sound ID when I wrote: "As an introduced species, Chukar is likely not included in the local Merlin bird pack for your area. I have the same issue in southern CA with Swinhoe's White-eye and in Phoenix metro with Rosy-faced lovebird -- I can see their calls being recorded on the sonogram as I hear them sing, but no ID is offered."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back