• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown Bear cam in Estonia (1 Viewer)

And looks like a Pike tail in the White Tailed Eagle nest - that said I've never seen the parents visit that nest and the tail has been there for a few days already!

Yeah I haven't seen neither the adult WTE nor black stork yet. The WTE chick always looks awfully lonely :(

Was there a few weeks ago back end of May.

To give an idea of distance from the hide, this is an uncropped image using a Canon 500mm f4.

Photography wise, light goes really quickly in the forest - this was taken on a bright sunny day at 8.30pm, but even at that time I had to go to 3,200 ISO, which gave a shutter speed of 1/320, at f4.

Attachments

• Bear.jpg
    Bear.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 58
There's a whole family of Wild Boars there right now 13.13 camera time.
And still there half an hour later! One of the adults looks to have lost most or all of its tail.

Anyone know what the food is that's put out?

Edit: Boars ran off right at 13.52 camera time.

Last edited:
Is there a secondary feeding area in the area ringed pink? There's often a few Hooded Crows or a Raccoon Dog or two hanging out there, and they seem to be feeding.

Attachments

• 00000.jpg
    00000.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 44
I think so - I have also seen quite a bit of activity over there.

Missed the boars by a couple of minutes (before) as I had yo take my daughter to the doctors. Came across a smaller baby over here in the wild - wasn't scared by it but didn't want to meet the mother!!

More food has been delivered to the eagle although missed that too...

2 raccoon dogs showed up. One looks small and brown, and looks as if his tail is missing or really skinny and small.
okkkkkkkkkk.jpg

Attachments

• okkkk.jpg
    okkkk.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Great entertainment just then, one of the adults tried to flip a youngster out of the way with its snout to get at the side it wanted to feed at!

8 Woodpigeons and (surprisingly, given the habitat!) a Turtle Dove just now 19.35 camera time

edit: Bear just arrived at back feeder. Woodies flown off but Turtle Dove still there

edit 2 Bear come to main feeder, TD flown off (no surprise!) 19.42

edit 3 Bear exit right, 19.45

Last edited:
Missed it! Although was watching the Lammergeier nest (in real life) so I have a good excuse! There has been heavy helicopter traffic today so went to help the national parc monitor the young - he hid in the nest when the helicopter was near but was quickly on view again when the heli left.

The adults brought him a tasty bone when all was quiet at the end of the day.

Supposedly 3 days of this.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back