• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bough Beech Reservoir, Kent (2 Viewers)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I am staying for a few days with my sister at Tunbridge Wells and she is thinking of taking me to Bough Beech on Wednesday.

Anyone know it and is there much there just now?

Grateful for any information.

Thanks.

D

delia todd said:
I am staying for a few days with my sister at Tunbridge Wells and she is thinking of taking me to Bough Beech on Wednesday.

Anyone know it and is there much there just now?

Grateful for any information.

Thanks.

D

Hi

I went to bough beech many years ago, fantastic place, I live in t/wells and can only state that you with have a great time.

If you like woodland walking there is a nearer RSPB reserve just off the A21 nr Tunbridge Wells, Tell your sister to turn right at the Shell garage on A21 then a few hundred yards on your left is the RSPB reserve (no water at this one).

Only left to say, have great time in the wells.

Regards

John C

Bough Beach Reservoir, Kent

Hi Delia,
Although Bough Beach is a great place, you cannot walk around it. The viewing is principally from the roadside, but nevertheless very worthwhile. But it does mean you could have time to pop along to The Jeffery Harrison Reserve at Sevenoaks which is close by. Good luck.
John Gibson

Thanks for your replies guys.

My sister had the one by the Shell Garage on her list as a possibility for this morning, so think we'll be setting off there after breakfast.

Bough Beech tomorrow then, sounds good.

D

delia todd said:
Thanks for your replies guys.

My sister had the one by the Shell Garage on her list as a possibility for this morning, so think we'll be setting off there after breakfast.

Bough Beech tomorrow then, sounds good.

D

Hi Delia

I live at leigh and pass Bough Beech to and from my work. You can only veiw from the roadside and the water levels are very low at present so the birds are at some distance. If you have a scope then worth the trip for an hour or so.

Yes Tudley woods on the A21 by the garage is worth a visit too. Covers quite an area of woodland and heathland.

Another local suggestion is Haysden/barden lakes and the local area around. Many footpaths in the area. (Nr Tonbridge)

Heron, wood peckers, kingfishers, warblers in the reed beds, tits of all sorts, finches, ducks and geese.

Robert

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back