• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bit of a challenge - Lake Erie coast, Michigan, USA (1 Viewer)

Antarctic213

United States
Hi, everyone. These are two stills of a bird I noticed in a video I was taking off of a pier on the Lake Erie coast in SE Michigan. Apologies for the low quality--I believe that most of the white near the bill and on the wing edging is actually from the waves going by. Is it possible to ID? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240408-091937.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240408-091937.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 67
  • VideoCapture_20240408-092103.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240408-092103.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 68
Welcome to BF.
I don't think it's safely identifiable from these.
Could you post the video? - and give the date, please, as this should be given with every ID request, and in this case different possible species may be in different plumages depending on time of year. Thanks.

Welcome to BF.
I don't think it's safely identifiable from these.
Could you post the video? - and give the date, please, as this should be given with every ID request, and in this case different possible species may be in different plumages depending on time of year. Thanks.
Unfortunately I don't think the video would be helpful, these frames are the only halfway-intelligible ones from a few seconds long video wherein the camera is bobbing from the wind and I gave up haha. (Was this weekend.) Was also thinking likely Common Loon but so ambiguous, was wondering if others were getting the same impression. I agree too hard to be definitive from these alone. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back