• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdsong: expert request (1 Viewer)

RichardSmyth

Hi there. I'm writing a book about birdsong, and I'm looking to speak to a Yorkshire-based birder who is an absolute expert on song - someone who can ID any singing bird in an instant. I'd like to talk to them about how IDing works, how it feels to have that knack, how it's learned, that sort of stuff - and I can pay them for their time in beer/coffee. Is that you, or someone you know? Get in touch! Thanks, Richard.

I'll vouch for Graham's ear for song, he's a whizz. Been out with him a few times now and the birds he finds from a couple of calls is fantastic.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back