• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of North Lincs (1 Viewer)

RICHARD DAWKINS

It seems that nobody posts regularly about Birds in Lincs so thought that I would start a thread and will update it as and when I can,but feel free to post bird sightings on here.

Far Ings NNR & Waters Edge CP being my local patches.

Far Ings 9-10
1 Male 1st winter Ferruginous Duck on Ness pit in with the flock of Pochard
4 Goleneye (1m & 3f)
also present Shoveler,Gadwall & Teal

Haven't seen it myself [too windy on the bridge for on a bike] but a reliable friend is concerned by the small amount of white on the undertail. Has Graham Catley approved it?

Saw it earlier today myself, on the deck and in flight. The bird had many features supporting Fudger, and it did have a full white rump. Small black nail on a rather long bill, bright white wing bar, auburny cast and small white area on belly.

Sam

It seems that nobody posts regularly about Birds in Lincs so thought that I would start a thread and will update it as and when I can,but feel free to post bird sightings on here.

Far Ings NNR & Waters Edge CP being my local patches.

Far Ings 9-10
1 Male 1st winter Ferruginous Duck on Ness pit in with the flock of Pochard
4 Goleneye (1m & 3f)
also present Shoveler,Gadwall & Teal

Richard funnily enough I was trying to find info. on the net for Far Ings sightings last week. It's obviously a good time at the moment to see Bearded Tit, and I was planning a trip to Leighton Moss to photograph them on the grit trays and surrounding bushes.

I know in the past there have been some regular birds giving good views at FI, although I think it was nearer winter.

So......do you know if any are giving good photo. opp's at the moment?

Cheers

Steve.

Richard funnily enough I was trying to find info. on the net for Far Ings sightings last week. It's obviously a good time at the moment to see Bearded Tit, and I was planning a trip to Leighton Moss to photograph them on the grit trays and surrounding bushes.

I know in the past there have been some regular birds giving good views at FI, although I think it was nearer winter.

Cheers

Steve.
Very few Beardies around during the summer although may have been a influx from elsewhere recently. Have been good numbers at Blacktoft Sands RSPB but distant for photography.

Cheers

Steve.

Hi Steve
The Bearded tits were almost wiped out in the harsh winter at FI,I think the max sightings this year are 4 individuals,so I think a harsh winter this time around will finish off the FI population :(

Hi,

I'm considering making a trip up for the Grey Phalarope early tomorrow morning at Alkborough Flats. Where's the best place to park as ive never been to the site before? Any other info would be helpful.

Gonna go for the Fudge duck to make it a double aswell if its still around.

Cheers

Alkborough Flats can be a bit tricky to find on a first visit. The best advice I can give you is to find the church in the centre of Alkborough village.Presuming you are facing the front of the church ,you need the road to the right, if you follow this until you see a small track with a dead end sign on the left, go down there , it will take you down a steep hill, giving you views of the flats :), there is a small car park at the bottom. Hope this helps!

Mandy

Far Ings 13/10
12 Bearded Tit a great record for the reserve
Ferruginous Duck
1 Marsh Harrier
2 Common Buzzard
1 Ruff
40 Black-tailed & 6 Bar-tailed Godwit
c600 Pink-footed Geese
2 Water Rail

Was in North Lincs today and came across an unexpected Corn Bunting. Went to Worlaby Carrs later doors and saw the male and juv Hen Harriers plus the Rough-legged Buzzard which was very smart and hovering the whole time. No Owls but it was pretty windy although tonnes of Kestrels. Apparently some well known birders have been sitting on the Buzzard since last weekend, it seems the cornish disease has spread north.

We also had a Barn Owl early morning and yes the Cornish disease as spread north by certain birders.
But that's up to them I report anything I find and if I didn't report my Black Redstart earlier this year I wonder if the Birder in question would of seen it as he was there next day photographing it 8-P

Go to Worlaby - turn into Carr Lane and follow it down. Rough-leg and harriers seen by the drain an and the SEOs down toward the railway at the bottom.

3 Skua's seen by the Humber Bridge this afternoon
2 Arctic & 1 Great as I believe

first 2 shot I believe is Great and the other 3 of Arctic's but there's reports of a Pom this afternoon aswell on the Humber and on Far Ings.

Attachments

• IMG_6009.jpg
    IMG_6009.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6011.jpg
    IMG_6011.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_6023.jpg
    IMG_6023.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_6024.jpg
    IMG_6024.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_6027-a.jpg
    IMG_6027-a.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Ferruginous Duck still present at Far Ings NNR also had c700 Golden Plover over the reserve.

Due to lack of out put a Little Auk was present on the Humber at Barton yesterday aswell :(

Cleethorpes 19-11-11
2 flocks of Snow Bunting 30-40 birds in each
Turnstone
Knot
flock of Linnet 40-50 birds couldn't locate any Twite in with them
Sanderling
Little Egret
Curlew

A real nice & enjoyable day out :)
Regard Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back